This version is really a small maintenance release, making sure we compile with Morfik 0.8.6.5 and adding the blog link: if you click on the PannonRex name, it will take you to this blog showing all topics related to Pong, so it is a nice shorthand to check out any news AND post your comments.
Tada! Tada! The Challenge! Create the best AI for Pong!
When there is at least one computer player in the game, the system uses something exaggeratively called AI (for Artifical Intelligence) to play the computer side. This code is separated in the modPongAI module. It is called whenever the player can move its racket up or down.
The original AI is very simple. Create one that plays much more humanely!
- The current AI sometimes gets into an infinite loop if a Computer:Computer game is in progress – your AI should avoid this.
- Difficulty levels should be more different (now the biggest differences are racket size and ball speed).
- The gameplay should be humane (right now rackets sometimes become crazy going up-down-up-down, and the computer is not human enough in other respects either).
- You must not use any information beyond what is provided by the TAIEnvironment record.
- You must not provide a perfect AI by calculating the complete trajectory of the ball.
Please note that it will take time to get some momentum behind this challenge, especially since Morfik is very new and not used widely. Please bear with me and spread the word. The more participants we can greet, the more fun we’ll have. I may decide to cancel the challenge without obligation.
What is the reward? Fame, at the moment. If anyone wants to sponsor a prize, please contact me.