This is a sampling of some of the projects we carried out for our partners. In some cases you will find that clients’ identities are removed. This is in accordance to our non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
We have written numerous technology articles for various publications and analysis whitepapers for corporations. As early as in 1995, for example, Charles Calvert of Borland International has asked us to create a whitepaper on the porting issues we have encountered to help the Delphi developer community in the transition from 16-bits to 32-bits.
The 24-page comprehensive whitepaper has been published on the Borland Web site where over 10,000 visitors have read it. Borland has also published it on the Borland Developers Conference CD. It has also been included on the accompanying CD of Xavier Pacheco’s and Steve Teixeira’s Delphi Developer’s Guide, from SAMS Publishing.
We also created a whitepaper about the challenges and awards of applying interactive 3D to metal building configuration, and another whitepaper about the fundamentals of Web Application security with a specific AJAX-based application framework in the spotlight. Also created several analysis and design papers for request on various issues, including AJAX toolkits, RIA architecture, Web 2.0 strategy, etc.
- Web-shop, invoicng and warehousing system (GWT, Java, Tomcat, Oracle, PL/SQL, .NET, C#, credit card acceptance, PKI; links: www.avocomp.hu and www.lantel.hu)
- Web calendar (Morfik, SOAP, XML, JSON; link: http://calendar_demo.pannonrex.hu)
- Interactive Gantt diagram (Morfik, Google App Engine, Python, SOAP, XML, JSON; link: on the cloud)
- Customer relationship management system (CRM; Morfik, kbmMW, JSON, MultiMap)
- Various demos for Morfik, like Mine Sweepeer, Pong, Analog Clock, etc.
Porting & Re-engineering Projects
We have accomplished several porting/re-engineering projects that required very strong analytical skills in order to create an optimal solution in a constrained situation. Here is a sampling:
- An electrical circuit simulation package. It was originally a DOS application. It has been re-designed for Windows using Delphi. This application is over 310,000 lines long, a large portion of which was preserved (“engine” code). This package is protected by a hardware lock.
- An architectural design package for the consumer market. It was written with Borland Pascal and OWL. We have provided porting services and consultation in this project for the customer, plus some improvements on the user interface. Approximately 70,000 lines were preserved without modifications out of cca. 120,000 application lines. We have also done multimedia programming (AVI movie generation) related to this project.
- A cca. 100,000 lines application of highly technical nature. It is an engineering application that had to be ported from DOS/BP to Delphi.
- A C++ application of approximately 600,000+ lines that was ported to Win32/MSVC in 6 months. This required very careful analysis and strategy design since it had a very complex engineering architecture.
Enterprise B2B System (Java/J2EE, Oracle AS and DB, Backbase)
This is an enterprise-level, clustered high availability system of financial nature. This project is the re-engineering of a previous solution.
We did envisioning, high level architectural and UI/usability design, technology selection partial implementation and partial project management, etc.
Document Management System (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, AJAX, Google Mini Search Appliance, ImageMagick, OpenOffice.org)
This web-based DMS is capable of searching and processing several types of documents. Special emphasis went into rights-based document sharing capabilities, complete audit trails, notifications and an extensive taxonomy/classification system.
It was created for a major European newspaper and magazine publishing house. Paramount emphasis was on usability (used on a daily basis by non-technical people).
Some of the relevance-based, full-text search capabilities are provided by the Google Mini search appliance. An interesting challenge was to handle Windows-native file formats (XLS, DOC, PPT, etc.) under Linux (for preview generation).
Part of the project was to organize for and implement the infrastructure, operation, hosting and support of the solution.
We did envisioning, high level architectural and UI/usability design, specification, technology selection, research, implementation, testing and project management, etc.
Metal building architectural 3D (MSVC++, OpenGL, OpenCASCADE, VisKit, DrDWG)
An interactive, 3-dimensional metal building design/configuration application used by over 1,500 builders in the U.S.A. (the client is one of the biggest metal building manufacturing companies). We added automated drawing generation, template based, constraint driven building configuration, real time navigation and editing and an easy to use, rich GUI to the feature set of the application.
We also did the re-engineering of this application: approximately 600,000+ lines of code that was ported to Win32/MSVC in 6 months. This required very careful analysis and strategy design since it had a very complex engineering architecture.
This project was carried out in several sub-projects over 6 years. We did envisioning, specification, high level architectural and UI/usability design, technology selection, problem solving, implementation, testing, project management, etc.
Client/Server & N-Tier Business Solution (Delphi, Oracle, IIS, Java)
We have developed a family of client/server and N-tier applications using CORBA (VisiBroker), Oracle, custom libraries for SAP connection and EDIFACT. These applications are used by some of Europe’s largest reinsurance, forwarding, manufacturing, and retail companies.
We have also added thin client functionality by utilizing IIS extension DLLs and XML communication. Also included heavy business logic in Oracle PL/SQL packages, and created Oracle-embedded reporting and distribution modules in Java. These projects exposed us to many n-tier and thin client issues, including data/business/presentation layer factoring, performance tuning, and system integrity considerations.
We did envisioning, specification, high level architectural and UI/usability design, technology selection, problem solving, implementation, testing, project management, etc.
Automotive vehicle configuration system (Delphi, MS ACCESS, Sentinel)
It is an engineering application that had to be ported/re-engineered from DOS/BP to Delphi with a complete UI re-design but with preserving the precious engineering calculation modules. In this development we had to replace proprietary data formats with a standard database implementation. Our client is one of the biggest automobile industry players.
We did envisioning, specification, high level architectural and UI/usability design, technology selection, problem solving, testing, implementation and project management, etc.
3D Visualization Applications
We have developed 3D applications for architectural rendering, based on OpenGL and/or Direct3D, and various scene graph technologies. We have used Delphi, MSVC++, OpenCASCADE, VisKit, and other tools in these projects.
Solutions with Web Technologies
We have used Web technologies in many other projects. These include ASP, PHP, Perl, Java, Oracle, MySQL, SOAP, ISAPI, CGI, XML, XSLT, WebDAV, and more.