PMAP Demo Released!
Please check out our PMAP Demo announcement: here is you chance to test drive our tree control!
The PannonRex Morfik Advantage Program
Professional Morfik Development Made Easy
The PannonRex Morfik Advantage Program (PMAP) is an annual subscription service that delivers key technologies and guidance to aid clients in developing state-of-the-art solutions with Morfik AppsBuilder.
The service is provided by PannonRex Ltd., one of the most experienced Morfik Technology Partners, co-operating with Morfik since end of 2005. PannonRex is in the software development & consulting business since 1994, delivering award-winning, mission critical solutions to its clients. Please visit us at http://www.pannonrex.com to learn more about the company, or contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Morfik is one of the most innovative development tools on the market today, bringing true Rapid Application Development (RAD) to the web. Our PMAP service augments the strong out-of-the-box offering of Morfik 07 to make it the ultimate development platform for mission-critical web applications for small shops and enterprises alike.
Developing any application has two aspects: you have to develop your business logic, data storage and presentation (the solution to your problem), and you have to develop the infrastructure upon which your solution operates. Developing the infrastructure in a web application environment is challenging because the underlying technologies are complex, inconsistent, and numerous – you have to deal with browser limitations and incompatibilities, security issues, performance problems and a great number of quickly evolving technologies, to name a few challenges. In PMAP we work hard for you to hide the infrastructure complexities to help you focus on your solution.
Morfik will evolve at a great speed to help you keep up to date with the evolution of the Web. The PMAP content will continuously adapt and extend as time goes on, to match this evolution, to help you manage change and to bring new services to you – you can consider us as an extended software engineering arm at a fraction of the cost.
Key Components of PMAP
- Code: we will release complete solutions, custom controls, utility functions, security patches, design pattern implementations and performance optimizations with full source code. We will always focus on the “hard” problems.
- Whitepapers: we will provide our analysis on various aspects of Morfik development to help your team build the right solution on time, within budget.
- Knowledge base: we will release regular notes on actual user problems and solution recommendations. The knowledge base will be accessible through the PMAP portal.
- You will get a perpetual license to all of the above, and regular updates as long as you are a member of PMAP.
- You will be able to propose and vote for new/enhanced features in all of the above.
- You will be able to expedite the development of certain features for an additional fee.
- We encourage partner submissions: indeed we want to build a shared source repository of best practice solutions. When you submit changes to our code or whitepapers, we will integrate those into the general body of PMAP and make it available (with credits due!) to the whole PMAP community, maintaining overall code quality and consistency.
- General modules/controls/components we develop for a specific client would enter the program (whenever the client is in agreement) so that they don’t have to be re-invented and can be further enhanced due to contributions and financed enhancements extending the shared source repository.
Planned PMAP Items for 2011
- Calendar application framework with day/week/month view and basic iCalendar import/export, containing many advanced concepts about visual editing and performance optimizations, and a number of general purpose utility functions.
- Advanced controls and libraries package: tree, grid, chart, etc. with full keyboard support; vector graphics rendering library.
- Webshop sample application.
- Whitepaper on web application security, focused on Morfik issues.
Other Possible Items upon Interest and Scheduling Availability
- server push library: to make it possible to create collaborative applications in Morfik 07 (chat, calendar, meeting planner, etc.).
- complete document management system, integrating with Google Mini and using background processes and third-party libraries;
- graphical editor for flowcharts, workflows, etc.;
- security infrastructure (including authentication and authorization administration tools);
- whitepapers on usability, SOA, high availability and scalability.
- tree control: included in the downloadable demo, we are working on converting it into a widget for Morfik 3 use
- grid control: available upon request
- additional controls and code will come as soon as possible
We will set up a community site where you can make your suggestions and vote for features. Until then we welcome your feedback through email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand that you will receive the full source code of the controls for use in your own applications, i.e. you cannot transfer the source code, but you can distribute binary code royalty free; if you have to transfer the source code as well, the receiving party must acquire a PMAP license.
To help startups and growing clients, we would like to introduce layered pricing, based on total yearly income of the client:
- For clients with total yearly income less than €200,000.- the annual subscription fee is €200.- (Euros) per developer per year.
- For clients with total yearly income between €200,000.- and €1,000,000.- the annual subscription fee is €500.- (Euros) per developer per year.
- For clients with total yearly income over €1,000,000.- the annual subscription fee is €1,000.- (Euros) per developer per year.
- Enterprise pricing is also available. Please contact us.
This fee will guarantee updates to all the code & components during the annual subscription period that will become part of PMAP.
Adopting new, innovative technologies is a challenge. Our goal with PMAP is to help you focus on your solution and still be able to produce user friendly, technically advanced, manageable applications within budget, on time. Our service blends the best traits of a product you can start using at once, traditional consulting and development services with Web-era practices to give you a cost effective helping hand to enhance your competitiveness.
Please note that we are also available for “traditional” consulting & development work (see http://www.pannonrex.com for more details).
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want to learn more or to sign up.